Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Easy Peasy Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

While we're on the topic of easy recipes, I wanted to add this new one to my blog and share it with you all. I found a while back when I was looking for a recipe that was cheap and easy with broccoli. I think I'm gonna make it for Thanksgiving, because it's been a big hit everywhere I've made it and I like it much more than green bean casserole. I've varied the recipe a little each time I've made it, so feel free to experiment with it a little yourself!

Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

2 10 oz. bags frozen broccoli florets
1 can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
1 pkg. Stovetop chicken stuffing mix
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
2 cups of water

1. Thaw broccoli and place in 9x13 baking dish.
2. Evenly spread cream of mushroom soup over the broccoli, followed by the can of cheddar cheese soup.
3. Prepare the package of stuffing mix according the to package instructions with the water and butter. (I use one tablespoon less butter than the mix calls for.)
4. Evenly spread the stuffing mix over the casserole so that it covers the broccoli completely.
5. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees farenheit for 30 minutes, or until the stuffing is a little browned on top.
6. Serve and enjoy!

Optional: I have added cooked chicken cubes to this recipe to make it a full meal. Simply put the chicken in after the broccoli and then cover with soup (try cream of chicken instead of mushroom!) and stuffing.

No comments: