Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Favorite Chicken Teriyaki

Recently, Cha! Cha! Gigi asked that her readers post their favorite easy chicken recipes. Sorry this is a few days late, Coleen, but here ya go. I hope it helps and I guarantee it's delicious! My fiance loves it and he's the pickiest guy I know! I'll make it and try to get a good picture this weekend.

Chicken Teriyaki

8 chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar -- (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon Sherry
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Mix together all ingredients except chicken in bowl. Add chicken and coat with sauce. Marinate 30 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.

Drain off most of the sauce. Transfer to 9x11x13 microwave dish. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 11 minutes. Turn with a fork, brush with drippings, and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high for another 11 minutes.

Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

No comments: